Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Exorcising My Obsession

If my obsession with all things Korean could be expressed with me as Park Shin Hye and my obsession as Jung Yong Hwa, then this picture should accurately represent about 90% of my everyday state of being.  The other 10% is after I've comatosed on Kdrama or Kpop overload and can no longer function as a human being, period.  And it's only optimism that makes me hope this second percentage is that low.  No, this post isn't about the seriously cute, but seriously flawed Kdrama Heartstrings.  I just imagine my life as me blissfully clutching onto the back of a world and culture in which I have no ties, and prior to a year ago had very little knowledge of, while that world rides on and on with barely a backward glance. And it's only optimism that makes me hope it even gives a backward glance.

Getting off my depressing soapbox...now! Congratulate me, I'm a blogger!  Honestly I have been resisting this crave for months, happy enough to comment on and participate on others' pages. If I'm not watching dramas, I'm talking about them. If I'm not talking about them, I'm thinking about them, and if I'm not watching or talking about dramas, then be warned: my inner BIGBANG fangirl has probably emerged to take over the world! Not even kidding. I don't know where it came from, but one day my very mature self listened to Haru Haru 하루하루 [Acoustic version] and tears popped out...

I'm going to lay the blame for this blog's creation solely on the author of Outside Seoul. I'm sure she'll give you permission to complain when my rants become overly long, so before I make this post a dissertation on obsession, I'll give you a few introductory points and take my leave.
  • I have been watching Kdramas for almost exactly one year now.
  • My first Kdrama was Lie to Me.
  • The first Kdrama I loved to death was Coffee Prince.
  • The Kdrama I will love even in the afterlife is Coffee Prince.
  • My first Jdrama was Nobuta Wo Produce.
  • The so-far only Taiwanese drama I have loved is MARS.
  • After 6 months of scoffing at Kpop, I finally fell in love with CNBlue and BIGBANG.
  • The fact that I will not see BIGBANG when they come to the U.S. in a month makes my heart positively ache!
Before this blog, there was MyDramaList.com. I'll leave you with some sample articles I have already had published on their very awesome and informative website:



  1. Congrats on your first blog :3
    I'll promote it on my blog ;D

  2. What horrors have I helped unleash upon the world! Another Kdrama blog that's sure to be filled with smarts and good things to read...

    Congratulations and good luck. I'm adding you to my links list as I type :)

  3. You are going to love blogging!! :)

  4. Congrats! I'm not really into kpop that much, but I do love CN Blue!

  5. Welcome to the world of K-blogging! We're glad to have you. :-) And I'll admit to getting misty-eyed over Haru Haru a few times myself, despite that crazy, melodramatic music video.

    1. Haha.. That video isn't the best. I confess I like the parody of it better. But the song itself is a dream... Siiigh